How to share pc internet with android usb (Reverse Tethering)
Have you ever been in dire need of an internet connection on your PC but have been unable to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi or simply don’t have a present internet connection available? Thanks to advances in technology we are now able to connect our Android phones with our PC using a simple technique called Tethering.
What exactly is Tethering?
Android users are probably aware of this term since whenever you may connect your phone to your PC a popup window most likely appears stating the term. Tethering is a tool used in a process to share the internet connection from your Android phone with the PC. Tethering can be done in two of the following ways: 1.Through Wi-Fi 2.Through USB We shall be discussing the latter. Connecting via the USB basically means you are creating a connection from your Android phone to your PC using a USB wire. However, tethering can also be done via Wi-Fi then that is known as a wireless hotspot.
What is Reverse Tethering?
To create a connection between your Android and the PC when a Wi-Fi connection isn’t available we use a process called reverse tethering. Reverse Tethering allows an Android cell phone to connect to the internet using the connection of the computer while it is connected via a USB. In plain words you are able to use the internet connection available on your PC on your Android. Reverse tethering comes in handy when the internet connection via the carrier on your cell phone is very slow due to bad signals or if the date package isn’t very economical to use.
Requirements to share pc internet with android
1. Rooted Android phone with SuperUser installed
2. A PC or laptop with a functioning internet connection
3. Installed USB drivers of your Android phone if it is the first time you are connecting your phone.
How To Reverse Tether
1. Enable USB debugging in your Android by going to: Settings>>Application>>Development>>USB Debugging.
2. Connect your Android to your PC via the USB cable
3. Download the latest Reverse Tethering Tools by clicking here and extracting the contents of the ZIP file to a folder on your hard drive: Download Reverse Tether app from here
4. When you open the folder you shall find AndroidTool.exe. Run the file and click on refresh devices. This should prompt your connected Android device to show up.
5. After selecting your driver click on connect.
6. SuperUser will now ask for your permissions to use the USB tunnel. Accept.
7. If the prompt does not appear simple open the USB tunnel application that is installed on your phone. Accept the permissions prompt.
8. If all goes according to plan, you should now be connected to the internet.
You now have a very simple and easy to follow solution to your problem. Now you shall never have to worry about not being able to connect to the internet; no matter what the situation!